Evidence of Growth – Bozeman Airport Continues its Steep Growth Curve
The Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport was recently renamed from the Gallatin Airfield – the name change was a ‘no-brainer’ as most folk’s destination was Bozeman and now that Bozeman serves as an international hub – adding those words was important!
- In 2013, nearly 1 Million passengers flew through the airport
- $270,000,000.00 in tourism dollars flowed through Bozeman in 2012 ( A distant 2nd in Montana was Billings with $150,000,000.00)
- Montana’s Department of Tourism is estimating this number will increase to $425,000,000.00 in 2013 – a 60% increase year to year
- 45% of this summer’s departures will be on ‘larger’ aircrafts of 120 seats or more – volume means better prices – fares were down 3.1% in 2013 to reflect this
- The airport is offering service to more destinations than ever before including daily summer flights to Portland and Atlanta, daily year-round flights to Chicago, most months to San Francisco and Allegiant offers cheap frequent flights to Las Vegas, Phoenix and Scottsdale
- These are just the highlights – to learn more, visit the Airport’s web site at www. http://bozemanairport.com/