Builders across the nation were surveyed by the National Association of Homebuilders regarding obstacles that may cause problems to their personal business and the overall housing market recovery. Here is a list of their top 5 concerns.
- Cost/Availability of Labor – 68%
- Cost of Building Materials – 66%
- Bank/Financial Institution regulation – 61%
- Cost/Availability of Developed Lots – 57%
- Federal environmental regulations and policies – 57%
Although all of these seem like common sense issues when building a home, its always good for buyers to better understand the perspective of the person selling their home. If a buyer can understand the stresses, obligations and duties a builder/seller has to the home and all involved in its build, the buyer can be better prepared to write an offer that would be accepted. Buying and selling homes can be stressful—but remember it’s stressful for both the buyer and seller—even if he is a builder!